About Me

Our twin boys arrived September 17th, 2008! Joseph Clyde Green, III at 8:37pm, weighing 5lbs 6oz and measuring 19 inches. Next came William Charles Green, I (a special number for each baby!) at 9:23pm, weighing 6lbs 11oz and measuring 20 inches. Other members of our family include Gizmo, our 7 year old Boston Terrier, and Gracey, our late Boxer who went to heaven on July 22nd.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Poop Happens

I learned a new lesson this week. "Picture It" (like Sophia used to say on the Golden Girls), it's 2:00am and it's time to change William before his feeding. He's a little poopy so I decided to let him finish. I open the diaper a few minutes later to see if he's done and full projectile poop on my shirt, my pants and in my hair. I didn't throw up, although I definitely thought about it!

So Joel and I have been peed on more times than we can count but poop, that was a FIRST! Going forward we'll be waiting 15 minutes to change what I call "Poop in Progress".

And to add to the chaos, when I turned away to start wiping poop off my hands and shirt, William began peeing everywhere including his face! There were two very unhappy people in the house at around 2:05am!!!

Abbie

2 comments:

Erin S. said...

That is so funny and gross! I love the new expression "poop in progress". I always used to call it to be continued...

G Aunt Marcia said...

Oh how funny!!! I remember those 2:00 AM changing/feedings also - and that was close to 50 years ago!!! Seems like the diapers were the worst then - or was that because we were always the most tired then!!! I remember one I'll never forget - it was a horrible diaper and Fred just layed in bed and laughed and laughed - thankful that he didn't have to change it - come to think about it - I don't think he changed ONE diaper - different times then !!!! And I'm remembering that "Scottie" grinned from ear to ear then - he knew how bad it was and how much better he was going to feel - clean diaper and full tummy - can't get much better than that can it!! I love your blog site - I'll be visiting often - what a wonderful way to record your special moments and the pictures are so terrific!!! Love to you all !!! G Aunt Marcia